Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

Canibad Escapade: The Extreme Adventure


Canibad Beach Resort, Aundanao, Penaplata, Samal Island
A friend of mine, Anne, invited me in their company outing last May 3-4, 2013. Before the big day, she told me that we are going to the place called Canibad at Samal Island. With that, I researched the place through online prior to the acceptance of her invitation. Well, pictures of the place are really good and enticing. The water is clear and the shore is white. Overall impression is a very relaxing place. I then texted my friend and accepted the invitation.

Camera: Courtesy of Dyress; Photo Taken by Me




While on our way to Magsaysay Park, we agreed that we are going to take a bus way to Penaplata, Samal Island Davao del Norte. However, Anne, talked to the driver of the taxi she was on of where we could take a ride near to Canibad. And manong driver told her that we can take a boat sailing to Kaputian, Samal Island. Without much knowledge of the place, we then agreed to the suggestion of manong driver. We took the boat and find our selves at Kaputian taking a single motorcycle way to Canibad. Since we are 6 members of the group, we took 3 motorcycles and had by-partners on it. Drivers of the motorcycles were so surprised of why we choose to start our journey at Kaputian instead at Penaplata. At first, I really did not believe those drivers when they told us that each of us will pay Php 150.00. I couldn't imagine how far it would be with that substantial amount for a single or one-way fare. The surrounding is getting dark because we arrived at Kaputian at almost 6:00PM. Finally, having no choice because we do not want to change our plans of experiencing the Canibad, we conceded to the drivers' rates.

Along the way, I told Anne, since we are in one motorcycle, that I am so excited of the place. I cannot wait to see how this beach resort looks like. First 15 minutes of the travel, the road is very fine although I kinda felt dizzy because of a very zigzag road. I noticed that the way we are taking is already creepy. No settlers we passed by.No light posts. And the road is getting rough. I then asked the driver how long we will be travelling to reach our destination. To my surprise, he told us that we are still on its 1/4 of the total journey. And it was, "OH! My Goodness!". Is this for real? Anne and I just laughed with it but deep inside of me, I am already afraid. Honestly, it was my first travelling by motorcycle on a rough  and a 75-degrees slope road  (at most) in 1 and a half hour. It was very exhausted and a very nerve-wracking experience, especially when we took the final steep road inclination.

Dyress and I at Madyaw Canibad Beach Resort
Upon reaching our destination, I sighed in relief of what we have been through when we're on our way. We arrived almost 8:00 in the evening, thus we were not able to see the beauty of the beach. But, we can hear the sound of the waves on the seashore enticing us to jump immediately and feel its refreshed water. We can feel the cool breeze of the ocean taking our stresses from work and the likes. Perfect!






The following day, we never wasted any single moment to enjoy the nature. Dyress, one of our friends, took this photo right after she woke up very very early. Thanks for a very nice capture!

 

Gotcha!
She took this photo while I am still asleep. And... OH!She caught me still sleepy. "What can I do? I'm so tired of last night's adventure". Lol!



























Hmmmm... Although I woke up late, I still managed to do my part for our breakfast with Anne.

Me, trying alight the woods

Anne slicing onion, garlic, and potatoes for our Corned Beef Menu 

Please smoke be nice to me.

Anne help me!










































Finally! The most awaited moment!
Amazed by super clear water.
Stress Free!



I really love the place. I can say that only few came here to experience the wonder of Canibad. In spite of the extreme adventure we had on our way, seeing the place is worth the sacrifice. Away from the very busy and stressful life in the city.













Once in a while, we have to reward ourselves for a job well done in each of our careers. Relax! Enjoy the nature and all the blessings God has given to us. Like us, despite the scarcity of money, we still give thanks to the success we had through giving ourselves  a break that is worth remembering.

From Left: Anneliese Lomboy, Me, Dyress Dela Cruz, Pam Fernandez, John Crisostomo, At the back: Randolph Payat

4 comments:

  1. you really deserve the trip cuz :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time te, we can make our adventure here.. We will make it like "group hiking" before we can taste the sweet experience of this awesome place.

      Delete
  2. nyc place,good ambiance, great escapade gaw. . Kita kits cannibad hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah right! Hope you too will experience this kind of adventure... hehehehe...

      Delete

 

About